1. Use exercise (in this case walking), to commute.
2. Make it a little hard so that you have to walk back to the car.
3. Be in nature – more dopamine and endorphins to dampen pain and enhance well-being.
4. Do a ‘life job’ at the same time e.g. washing is drying at the laundromat.
5. Low impact – get your heart rate up with low impact to protect your joints (and walk towards the kids at school – another job done!).
6. Smile when the kids are in good cheer at the end, even if they grumble en route because they’re sure to feel better than just getting in a car straight after school.