Baby Cafe Monday 9th Nov
Strength & Anxiety
Here’s what we learnt. It’s so good to share and bring up our kids in a community!
Anna shares with us a question sheet. Here’s what we came up with:
1. How do I know if I am feeling anxious?
– anxiety if future thoughts – usually doesn’t happen
– hot head
– compression in the breastbone
– feeling like leaving the scene
2. What sort of things trigger my anxiety?
– not sleeping
– crying baby
– toddlers – screaming and the auditory sensations too much for mum
– too much on schedule
– it’s contagious – if you’re anxious and talk about it to your partner, it feeds off itself
3. What can I do if I am feeling overwhelmed and anxious?
– Are you having the thoughts including the words ‘always’ or ‘never’?
– write it out on paper
– write the thoughts on your phone so it’s gone
– consider who you spend your time with and whether they’re draining you
– leave the scene ie if the baby is crying they’re alive! If the baby is quiet it’s a concern!
4. What things can I do regularly for selfcare?
– massage or 30 minute walk
– bath – put baby in bouncer next to bath or shower so you can have a bath!
– 5 slow breaths
– ditch the gym if it’s stressing you getting there
– cleaning delegation
– gardening with your child
– psychologist intermittently
– craft – anything that calms the nervous system
– take the pram into the bathroom so you can have a shower!
5. What movement is best for anxiety?
– Faster ISN’T great for anxiety – slow movement
– have an internal check by osteo or women’s health physio
– Mantra: Write it on a piece of paper until you believe it